This year marks the 10-year Anniversary of the 16+1 Initiative that brings China and the countries of Central and Eastern Europe together, and facilitate cooperation, development and investments between the States.
The Association for the Promotion of Agricultural Cooperation between China and the Central and Eastern European Countries (APACCCEEC) organises an International Scientific-Practical Conference „10 years Initiative “16 + 1”. Cooperation, Exchange and Connectivity between China and CEE Countries” to celebrate the occasion.
The APACCCEEC is a secondary budget administrator under the Minister of Agriculture of the Republic of Bulgaria. The Association is established in Sofia in 2015 and fulfils the role of coordinator in the mechanism for agricultural cooperation between China and the CEE countries.
The conference is co-organised by the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, the Faculty of Classical and Modern Philology, the Faculty of Philosophy of Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, the Agricultural Academy in Sofia, the State and Law Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Science, and the Diplomatic Institute under the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria.
The Conference will cover the following fields of study:
- Section Management and Economy
- Economic development of the countries of the Initiative over the last decade and results of cooperation in the 16 + 1 format, investment plans and opportunities for joint projects; History of the 16 + 1 initiative through the prism of the Silk Road – good practices, significance and influence of trade relations on the Road from antiquity to the present; Review of good entrepreneurship practices; Management styles in China and Europe.
- Cooperation in the field of agriculture between China and the CEE countries – implementation of new technologies, digitalization and innovations in agriculture, bilateral trade in the sector, export potential of agricultural goods from CEE to China.
- Section Law and Social Sciences
- Applied research in the field of the law – comparison between European and Chinese legal systems; comparative analysis of trade and customs practices; characteristics of Chinese law; legal cooperation between China and the CEE countries.
- Applied research in the field of social sciences – psychology, philosophy, sociology and political science in China and Central and Eastern Europe – comparative analysis, discovery of similarities and differences, the influence of Europe in China and the penetration of Chinese traditional culture in the West.
- Section Education and Culture
- Education exchange within the Initiative – teaching Chinese as a foreign language, learning the national languages of the CEE countries in China, advantages and disadvantages of online learning and student exchange practices
- The culture of the countries of 16+1 – deepening of mutual understanding, similar cultural and historical processes, comparative literature and culturological features
- Please submit your abstract (a maximum of 500 words) by September 15th, 2022.
- You will be notified about the decision of the Scientific Committee by October 1st 2022.
- The Full Paper must be submitted by October 31st 2022.
- The Conference is to be held on November 4th-5th, 2022 in the Rectorate of Sofia University, Bulgaria.
The articles would be published in the Papers of BAS, the Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science and the Philologia Magazine free of charge.
The organizers cover the transport and hotel accommodation expenses of the first accepted 10 participants from Central and Eastern Europe.
No participation fee.
Please send your application to email@example.com by September 15th, 2022.
Bellow you can find the call for papers, the application form and a list of the Scientific Committee and Organisational Committee: